Shopping for that perfect gift for the adorable pets and fellow pet parents in your life? If you’re looking for some shopping inspiration this year, here’s a round-up of unique and fun gift ideas that are sure to be a hit. After all, what good is a gift for a dog if it ends up being a white elephant?
Most of these items can be ordered online*, however, don’t wait until the last minute to place your orders. Industry experts are predicting a surge in U.S. online holiday sales of up to $189 billion, a 33% increase compared to last year, which will likely cause delays in normal shipping times. Customers are encouraged to shop early and use curbside and drive-up services whenever possible.
- Portable water bottle or bowl – Keep your dog hydrated on long walks or road trips. Look for food-safe construction material that is easy to clean.
- Dog poop carrier – These handy little devices make it easy to attach a dog waste bag to a leash, collar or handlebar. Great to have on walks if your dog doesn’t always do his business next to a trash can!
- Personalized ornament – Many online photo gift sites offer holiday ornaments that you can customize with a photo and a name. A pur-fect gift to honor your favorite fur kids!
- Winter gear – For furry friends who might need some extra warmth, consider a sweater, jacket or booties for chilly walks in your nearest winter wonderland.
- Deodorizing Candles – A candle or air freshener for those hard-to-eliminate smells can be a practical but pleasant gift.
- Personalized collar or harness (w name and phone number) – Jingle bells are fun for the holidays, but jingling tags can be bothersome, not to mention their tendency to fall off.
- Goody box – Either a one time or subscription box filled with treats and toys is a thoughtful gift to keep pets busy and happy
- Self-cleaning litter box – Give the gift of time, with a litter box equipped with self-cleaning features. Look for litter that won’t stick to your cat’s feet, and your house will stay cleaner too.
- GPS smart collar – Smart collars equipped with GPS tracking technology could be a life-saving splurge.
- Robotic vacuum cleaner – For the pet parent who has it all, a robotic vacuum to clean the floors on its own is a gift that keeps on giving. Plus the potential for some very entertaining cat videos!
- Homemade treats – A homemade gift from the heart can have extra-special meaning. A batch of dog or cat treats baked at home, with the recipe included, always hits the spot.
- Gift Cards – Always a thoughtful choice, a gift card for one of our services – such as boarding, grooming, or training – will be a treat for both the pets and pet parents in your life.
Still not sure what to gift the pet parent in your life? Check out Greymont Kennel’s gift certificates for fun all year round! Whatever you decide in your gift giving this season, we wish you and your four-legged friends a joyful holiday season!