Happening at Greymont – Tuesday night April 21, 2015
All of the staff at Greymont attended the Nashville Vet Specialist’s Pet First Aid Class with Becky Dan. She taught us so much useful information including: how to make an emergency muzzle, knowing your dog’s normals, how to recognize the signs of bloat, and CPR.
It’s really important to keep your pet safe and healthy. You should schedule regular vet visits to keep your pet up-to-date on their vaccinations and monthly heartworm, flea, and tick prevention. Knowing your dog’s normals will help you in case of an emergency and identify a medical issue. Here is a list to help you keep track of your pet’s normals. You should also store this information in your phone for quick access.
• Temperature (100-102.5°F)
• Heart Rate (Dogs up to 20lbs 120-140bpm over 20lbs 60-100bpm, Cats 120-240bpm)
• Mucous Membrane Color (Should be pink)
• Capillary Refill Time (1-2 seconds)
• Breathing (Dogs 10-30 breaths/min, Cats 10-40 breaths/min)
• Medical Conditions
• Special Medication your pet is currently taking
If you are interested in attending this free class please contact Becky Dan at email@example.com or by calling NVS at 615-386-0107.
Check out our Facebook page for weekly first aid tips we learned.