Thinking about getting a new puppy for Christmas?
We would love to help make the transition of your new family member a smooth one!
Here are a few tips:
· Get an appropriate dog for your lifestyle. For example, if you and your family are not very active, research breeds that require less exercise than others.
· Ask our Front Desk to send you a copy of our Puppy Book. It will answer many of your questions.
· Touch your puppy’s ears, paws, and mouth on a regular basis. This desensitizes them for future nail trimmings and vet visits.
· Once your puppy has gotten the appropriate vaccinations, take them with you and expose them to as much as you can. This will build their confidence and make them better, well-rounded family members.
· Sign up for puppy class in January. This will help you bond with your puppy as well as socialize them with their peers at an early age.
Greymont can help socialize your puppy with our Right Paw Program - a Board and Train Program designed to help your puppy cope with their new world! Here, they are properly socialized with humans as well as other dogs. Our daily field trips expose them to many different environments that helps them develop confidence.
After checking in on Stella, our most recent Right Paw graduate, we are told that she is doing quite well at home after spending two weeks with us.
“Stella is doing great! You did a really great job with her. She is continuing to become a well-adjusted part of our family.”